- It’s in your best interest to stay away from dark, heavy clothing during a summer move. Instead, choose clothes that are lightweight and comfortable.
- If items like paints, detergents, or pesticides need to be moved, pack them in a smaller box inside a larger box to reduce the chance of leaks.
- Since the summer weekends get booked very quickly, try to move on the least busy days of the week, usually mid-week and during the middle of the month. The busiest times are Memorial Day weekend and the last weekend in July.
- Take note of what is being put into the moving truck in hot summer months to make sure not to damage your items. For example, in a hot truck candles melt, CDs and DVDs warp, and leather furniture can sweat.
- Have the utilities set up in your new home. A great way to keep cooler during your summer move is to keep the air conditioning running when moving, to have a place to “cool off” for a bit between moving boxes and furniture.
Good luck with your summer moving! As always, if you need a hand moving or packing this summer, you can count on the moving crew here at Scott’s. We provide moving services throughout Virginia Beach and the surrounding area — call our moving company today for a free quote! Take note, we also offer long-distance moving services across the nation!